The Cleveland Show...*sigh*

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

The Cleveland Show...*sigh*

Post by Diabolical »

Yeah, apparently it is happening...click here.
:roll:
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: The Cleveland Show...*sigh*

Post by anarky »

Damn, it looks like it's taking him out of Quahog. This will suck more since Family Guy will be Cleveland-less.

The more McFarlane spreads himself out, the worse the stuff gets. The Winner was unwatchable.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

He's got a new wife, a daughter, a fat son, and a small baby. Christ, it looks like they just replaced Peter with Cleveland. Those bears look retarded and so does the family in the background. Cleveland is great, but only really as a supporting character.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I didn't even watch long enough to see anything that wasn't clips from Family Guy. I didn't care.

I will probably watch the first episode or two on the off-chance it's good. I seriously doubt it will be. If this doesn't do well, though, Fox's honeymoon with McFarlane might be over. They should've stuck with Groening instead of butt-abusing him on Futurama. Their loss. And, unfortunately, ours too, since there's a lot less Futurama than there should be now.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

anarky wrote:Their loss. And, unfortunately, ours too, since there's a lot less Futurama than there should be now.
And thank god for that ! :twisted:

(in the interest of countering all the Apologists out there I have decided to follow more of the Hater path, since there isn't enough criticism out there on the interwebs)

:D
anarky

Post by anarky »

Kidding aside, did you really not like Futurama?

It seemed to me that Groening and company put their efforts into Futurama rather than The Simpsons, but somehow didn't put it back into Simpsons when Futurama was cancelled.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I was never a big fan of Futurama. Just a casual fan.
Part of the reason is because I saw many of the same episodes over and over and over (like: the four leaf clover, the worms inside Fry, Fry drinking the water emperor, the Santa episodes, and Fry's dog - the most depressing episode of anything ever). It was like cartoon Network only had access to a season and a half worth of episodes.

Sadly, Seth MacFarlane seems like a one trick pony. Family Guy is still awesome, American Dad still blows, and The Winner wasn't one. The Cleveland Show looks like a big misstep. Like Sr. JJL said, Cleveland is a great SUPPORTING character.
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

'Nark, no I really do not like it...tried watching over the years but can't get into it.

I've also not watched The Simpsons in YEARS, so I suppose I burned out on that after awhile (but I still love some of the single digit numbered seasons).

Family Guy is something I loved for awhile and still think it's funny but that will probably burn out for me as well.

I hated American Dad the times I tried to watch it.

South Park was entertaining for the 1st year or 2, but I outgrew that soon enough...now I pretty much hate it.

Jeez, can't I find anything postitive to say ? Fuck, I sound like JT. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

I'll give the show a shot, but my expectations are definitely in check.

I love Futurama. I never really did watch it when it originally aired on FOX but I got VOL 1 on DVD really cheap, watched it, and bought every volume there after. Great show.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Ha. Seth McFarlane is laughing all the way to the bank with his $100 million contract. After his show got cancelled like five times, this has got to be sweet sweet justice. I hope Cleveland gives an animated Rupert Murdoch a "steamer" in the opening credits of every episode.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

For the record (since it seems this is where the record is)

I thought futurama was pointless, and universally HATED everything family-guy related, roundly and utterly hated all of it

South Park is still real good in 1-2 episode chunks

my fave cartoon of the last 10 years or so is spongebob (only the GOOD episodes) , tho I suppose Venture Brothers ties it for completely different reasons, the weird homages crack me up and Brock Samson is the fuckin man
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

SpongeBob is a quality cartoon, no doubt. My nieces got me to watching it.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I've seen SpongeBob probably three times.
It was goofy. It was silly. It was pointless. I should have loved it. I didn't.

Each and every time I came to the same conclusion: You probably need to be either under age 12 or high to enjoy it.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

You might have just seen the wrong episodes?? It's weird, depending on who the team is on a particular episode there's some REAL bad ones, then there's some totally hilarious ones, and I can guarantee you don't have to be high to laugh at the good ones
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I concur with what the late EP once said: I must've been absent the day they spiked the water with something that made everyone love Spongebob.

Maybe I've only seen the bad ones, but I fucking loathe that cartoon.