The Cleveland Show...*sigh*

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: The Cleveland Show...*sigh*

Post by kidhuman »

I wonder if LM was lurking ere last night and then ran to SSG and posted the same link?
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

I used to watch Spongebob until I was around 13 or so. It wasn't that I really "outgrew" it or anything but I just kept seeing the same episodes over and over and over. I think I burned out on Futurama after watching it two summers ago on adult swim, then got re-interested in it only to watch all the episodes too many times. I'll still get the DVDs though and watch an episode here or there, and I'm sure in a few months I'll watch it religiously again.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Either we have someone here that works on Family Guy, or they somehow searched and found this board.
From SDCC:
The panel also showed a trailer for the upcoming spin-off, “The Cleveland Show.” The show will be produced and run by the voice of Cleveland, Mike Henry. Cleveland leaves Quahog with Cleveland Jr, and forms “a black Brady Bunch” with Donna, his high school sweetheart. True to the MacFarlane formula, talking animals are present in the form of a family of bears living across the street.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Is this still on? I'd look it up, but I don't want any forms auto-filling with "The Cleveland Show."

It was unwatchable. Bears could not save it.

I'd like Spongebob more if I'd ever seen a joke on it that wasn't directly lifted from Ren & Stimpy or Rocko's Modern Life.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

Yes, it is still on AND it just recently got renewed for a 4th season.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Although I still do not like Spongebob the 99.99994% most part, this particular clip has taken on almost epic proportions of hilarity between me, my children, my friend in CA, and his children. It is constantly being paraphrased around our houses. Especially the "Hot TEEEAAAAAA" bit. It is the one Spongebob thing I've laughed at.

"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

It looks as though the curse of the Billy goat will continue in Chicago. Unless they can win the next three games, but that's doubtful.

So, the Cavs won last year. The Indians this year.
Does this mean we'll see the Browns as next years SuperBowl champs? If they go 0-16 this year and draft a QB with the first pick, in addition to all those extra picks they racked up last year...
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

If the Indians hold on, that will be 2 consecutive major sports championships in a row - the NBA title was given out after the Stanley Cup by about a week. The Browns will really have to come on strong if they want to take the streak to 3! :lol:

Lester will be near perfect today giving the Cubs fans a good home finale for this great season. Indians will win game 6 at home.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Browns win anything next year? I don't think so.