Trailer Park Boys - Quotes and Discussion

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Trailer Park Boys - Quotes and Discussion

Post by jjreason »

Hey, not sure if you Yanks have any access to Trailer Park Boys, but this is some absolutely hilarious bullshit. Season 5 (10 episodes worth this year!) gets underway this Sunday at 9pm.

"I've known Ricky longer than anyone. I hope he's okay after he had to touch his lips to Mr. Lahey's........ bum." (Bubbles)

"You two Shitiots have loaded up a double-barrelled shit machine gun with a hairpin trigger, and the barrel's pointing right at your heards." (Jim Lahey, Trailer Park Supervisor)

"Now Helix, there's a good concert. They yell 'R', we yelled it back. Then, when they said 'K', we yelled 'ROCK'! THAT's a fucking concert." (Ricky, Former Temporary Relief Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor)

"He started out as a little shit-spark off the old shit-flame. Then, by the time he was 13 he'd turned into a shit-bonfire. Now, he's a shit-inferno burning out of control. Well, I'm going to unleash a shit-tsunami the likes of which he's never seen. I'll extinguish his shit-flames forever." (Jim Lahey, re. Ricky)

"When you're sick and tired of getting pelted with shit-balls, Randy, you break out the shit-bat." (Lahey)

This show is so much like a shift at work I can't believe it, do everything in your power to catch an episode or two. It's so stupid, you'll love it.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Glad to know you're rocking the TPB JJ, I almost died laughing the first time I stumbled across it a few years ago, then some of you may recall I tried to start a thread here about it and got called names..
Thanks for the heads-up on season 5, the way season 4 ended I wasn't too sure there would be anymore, and that fucking crazy "Origins" x-mas special looked like their last hurrah... since I don't have cable I haven't heard shit about season 5

quote from ricky "I'm gonna get DRUNK as FUCK!!!!"

ricky- "Man, I HATE buying dope from cops"

Bubbles "He's just a big, stoned Kitty" re- Steve French, the pot field bobcat

Ricky- "Holy shit Bubs, you watching this fucking documentary on Saskatchewans???"

Cyrus- "How 'bout fuck ON??"

Sam- "you boys smokin much dope today??" from "Conky"
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Conky.... God, I love the Conky episde......

"Fuck you, Patrick Swayze Julian, you were so sexy in Roadhouse and fucking Dirty Dancing. (To Ricky) This is the man they call Reveennnnnnnnnnnn!"

"Reveen? Don't you think that's taking it a little far?"

And Cyrus, holy fuck that's funny bullshit too! He actually showed up briefly for a Mexican Standoff in 5.1. I won't get into it any further until I know you've seen it, Mabs.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

CLEAR!!!
Yep, I saw it, started my season 5 tape last night- I was really satisfied with the way it somehow followed the end of last season, with leahy "reformed" (how bad is he gonna snap this time round I wonder)
I liked the insane amount of gunplay,too, they had spftened it up a bit in seasons 3 and 4, but lat night was full guns blazing...

"seen any good movies lately??"
Ricky "yeah, I saw 'Directors Cut', it was fuckin AWESOME!!!"
Bubbles "That was Blade Runner Ricky"

Ricky -"Hey guys, get smoking back eh??"

that standoff with Cyrus was hilarious too "FUCK OFF!!" "Why doesn't eveyone just fuck off at the same time, slowly start to fuck off"

and I can't quote it, but that conversation between J-Roc and his homies eating cereal (?)in his mom's kitchen was really good too (plus the J-Roc tune over the closing credits as a bonus, that was pretty damn funny)
"I pee and you get royalties"

10 episodes, one down 9 to go, looks like another sterling season eh JJ??
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I was quite happy with it. Not sure why, but I had figured they were going to "fuck" with it somehow - improve the production or something..... I'm happy it's still the same.

To be honest Mabs, I've only been really on board with TPB for the past 6 months or so - not sure what flipped the switch for me, but I think it was one of Lahey shit-disserations to Randy re. Ricky - we all know how close swearing is to my heart! I've got most of it taped now except for the first 5 episodes of season 1 and the last episode of season 3 (which I've still never seen, not sure how or why???? - it's the one where they finally go on the cruise and Lahey winds up in the joint).
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Yeah, I knew you weren't "in" after trying to engae you on it a couple of times;
I knew there waa NO way you would miss the humour, especially after seeing your references to "deadwood" or whatever the fuck you guys were on about...

Have you seen the "Original" episode, where they drive a 'Vette (IIRC that is) and there's no Bubbles?? That one is pretty cool, it is by far the most "documentary" of the whole series..

And if you missed the '04 x-mas special, seek it out- it is like a "clips show" but it's all new stuff and filmed really well, and it has the origins of absolutely everything in the show (including the breakup of Leahy's marraige due to his "secret" being inopportunely revealed by a burgling Randy)

And I concur, Conky could have been the high-water mark for the series- "Bubbles, why the FUCK do you call the 'Samsquanches' for fuck's sake??" and that shootout in Sam's recently re-opened veterinary practice is so insane it's awesome (the "smoke much dope today" quote is from the nervous Sam while Ricky has a pistol pointed at Bubbles/conky and they're all yelling at each other, damn that bit is great)

"Closer to the heart" is maybe the most "Canadian" one of all, the concept of kidnapping Alex Lifeson and forcing him to perform was awesome, and Alex did a real good job playing it up.. the bit where Julian finds the whole scheme out is priceless "holy fuck, Ricky, untie him, MAN I'm sorry about this"

And the end of season 3... I can't clearly recall it for some reason, but I do remember that everyone EXCEPT Bubbles ends up in jail (that was the season with the lady-cop, Julians GF, which I thought was one of the worst decisions they've made so far- you could tell she was trying too hard to be "serious")
I guess more next week
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Erica Miller.... I thought she was okay. "Stop staring at my tits, Bubbles!" when she was working the UC hooker sting was priceless (that's when Julian was destitute behind the dumpster all gunned on moonshine, eating pizza crusts).

I loved Bubbles avoiding jail at the end of season 2 (the big rollover accident with the dope filled trailer)

Bubs (to the cows): "Here cows.... *whispers* pretend like you know me....." fuck, that was beautiful!!!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

5.2 - huge gun battle at Sunnyvale. And we know that Lahey isn't completely different now - just taking a different approach. I'm more and more interested all the time!

Bubbles 180 on the go cart (upon seeing Cyrus with the gun out) was priceless......
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Okay, not too sure about last nights episode, I'll have to watch it again... J-roc got some good bits, but the main plot wasn't as sharp as I would have liked, it seemed to change direction halfway through

Lahey is getting more and more weird...

I still haven't seen the second episode, but people keep dropping bits by accident, I MUST see these "Shit Puppets"
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yeah, ep 2 was AWESOME. Last night's not so much my favorite either. "The winds of shit are in the air, Randy" was prett funny though.... as was

"Ahtodoso, Julian, Ahtodoso. I'm not the fucking type of person to say ahtodoso, but a-fucking-todoso." :D :D :D

I thought they were REALLY relying on the "Rickyisms" for laughs last night though, way too heavily.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

yeah, Ahtodoso was fucking funny, as was one othe Ricky line which totally is slipping my mind, all's I recall is that is was maybe the greatest made-up word ever, used to garner symapthy, I just can't recall it at all, but I'm watchiong the ep a few more times today, I shan't forget a second time...

Classic quote "here's a couple of handmade Fuck You's"
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

And I liked Bubs on about Ray "plugging in 200 dollars to that cocksucker" or whatever. It was pretty funny, but J-Roc was a little disappointing.

Maybe the funniest of the night though, for me:

"It used to be a great place to bang." :D :D :D
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Okay, I taped Season 4 Ep2 last night, fuck is it funny. "Man's Gotta Eat", where Randy turns back into Smoky because he can't find the money for a "store bought" cheeseburger. At the beginning, the Satellite company is busting Ricky for having the dishes up to intercept the signal:

"You know, you could go to jail for that. It's like stealing."

"What, free tv? I'm the fucking trailer park supervisor, it's you guys that are beaming the fucking signal in here without my permission.... what do you guys own space all of a sudden? No, NASA (pronounced "Nay-Sa") does."

That's some funny bullshit, that is.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Yeah, classic quote there, but DAMN you're gonna force me to re-watch my whole collection, All's I recall distinctly about season 4 was Conky and Steve French (and the fact that Lahey is trying to actually KILL ricky for the whole of it)
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yep, Lahey's lost it because at the end of 3 Ricky's the supervisor. Season 4 starts with the big fence up and Randy and Lahey not able to access the park.

The new cop comes out and tells Lahey a story to which the moral is "Never Cry Shitwolf",

Then the episode described above.

Then Jay-Roc's Rub & Tizzug where Cory and Trevor are in the trailer jerking guys off because they can't get enough "hos" to fill the demand.

Then "The Green Bastard" episode where Lahey wrests control of the park back from Rick and Julian.

Then Conky and Steve French, and then it ends with the two parter where Lahey tries to blow up Ricky with the "Propane Propane" and then totally goes off in downtown Dartmouth (with the ERT Team there to take him down).

Season 4 rules, I rented the DVD and watched it all in order. Awesome.