Clone Wars Cartoon - Episode 11 and Beyond

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

k1dhuman
bacon

Post by k1dhuman »

Shut the fuck up crap bag.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Ok, Mr. Imposter, you shut the fuck up.
Grimlock
moderator terror squad

Post by Grimlock »

<b><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="orange"><font size="4">Fleshling newbies not know rule, but kidhuman have no excuse! Me Grimlock get mad when humans double post!!</font id="size4"></font id="orange"></font id="Book Antiqua"></b>
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Grimlock, check your optical sensors and read the screen names again, 2 different people. You of all the mods have the best vision and cant read that? And how the fuck do you type with those big clumsy fingers?
Grimlock
moderator terror squad

Post by Grimlock »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kidhuman</i>
<br />Grimlock, check your optical sensors and read the screen names again, 2 different people. You of all the mods have the best vision and cant read that? And how the fuck do you type with those big clumsy fingers?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font color="orange"><font size="4"><font face="Book Antiqua"><b>Me Grimlock sorry. Sometimes me Grimlock so busy eating Decepticon Micromasters that all humans look alike to me Grimlock. Please no think me Grimlock racist. Me Grimlock watch screen name more closely next time. But if next time they same, me Grimlock shoot particle beams in human butt!

Since kidhuman ask, me Grimlock change to robot mode to type. Robot mode not look very cool, so me Grimlock prefer dino-mode. But in either mode, me Grimlock badass. And dino-mode not able to use me Grimlock big sword!</b></font id="Book Antiqua"></font id="size4"></font id="orange">
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

No problem Grimlock, just no lasers up my ass, Im not sniggers. You are correct though, you are a bad ass, especially when you have taco flavored energon cubes
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Clone Wars Cartoon - Episode 11 and Beyond

Post by Tom Foolery »

I have begun watching the Clone Wars series on Netflix.

I realize it's aimed at kids but I find the simplistic military tactics of both sides kinda off putting. I'm trying not to let it bug me too much.

I'd forgotten how much I despise Jar Jar. He's only been in a couple episodes.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote: I realize it's aimed at kids but I find the simplistic military tactics of both sides kinda off putting. I'm trying not to let it bug me too much.
Were the tactics worse than the 80s GI Joe or Transformers cartoons?
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

the show kinda picks up in quality with season 3. they retooled a little bit and the stories are much more interesting, the animation a bit smoother and they really start to drive towards the plot of RotS.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Are the episodes out of order for some reason? It's like they're following one plot line, then drops into another plot the following episode and I feel like I missed an episode.

I don't like whoever is doing Padme's voice. Ashoka isn't as annoying as I thought she would be. Don't get me wrong she's annoying. But it's a mild annoyance at the idea that all Padawans are entitled brats. I was actually pleased Grievous killed the Mon Cal kid for being all overconfident.

It's kinda shitty that Lucasfilm threw out a TON of great EU fiction, but kept this as canon.
I'm hoping by the time they get to the post-ESB stuff in the comics we get a revamped Shadows of the Empire. Including an updated game for next gen consoles like PS4 and XB1.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Episode chronology

Ashoka is the worst thing Star Wars has ever created.
Ever.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

I actually have no problem with Ahsoka.

Yes, the episodes are out of order through the first two seasons at least - I think that changes with season 3 as well. I found it too disjunctive. Characters would die and then show up again in later episodes like "oh, you're all better!"
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I think I'm going to take another stab at Clone Wars Mark II. Even though Ahsoka bothers me--more the idea that Anakin had a padawan between films than the character herself--the Emperor has wiped away the last vestiges of the old Expanded Universe. The unavoidable headache almost every episode created with the nonstop "But, wait, that's in direct contradiction to...." is gone.

Not crazy about Maul returning, but, eh. I'll pretend the Darth Plagueis book is canon until someone puts out something to override it, so he becomes just a dipshit with a lightsaber instead of a Sith Lord. I think I can stomach that sort of character getting resurrected slightly more easily.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The idea of there being a war and that accelerating the Padawans being assigned to more Knights and not Masters is acceptable as a reason for Anakin having a Padawan. Even if that's not explicitly stated in the series. Plus, you know, he's the big hotshot Jedi superstar who's buds with the Empero...uh I mean the Chancellor. So why wouldn't he have been assigned a Padawan if he requested one, him being an arrogant asshat who'd assume he's deserving of one. He got the exact Padawan he deserved. An arrogant little brat who takes orders about as well as he did. Yoda and Mace(or whoever is handing out assignments) have a sense of humor.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Just finished season 1. Some of this seems familiar, and I realized it's from the third SW Lego game.
One of the Separatist Droids mentions they are all upgraded models who can think for themselves now, unlike the older versions that were controlled from afar. That's a nice little bit thrown into the dialogue.
None of the Separatist "leaders" seem to be any real threat. Wat Tambor seemed particularly ineffective. Which is disappointing, as a one-sided conflict shouldn't last as long as the Clone War did if one side's command is a bunch of cowardly asshats like Nute Gunray and them.
The scientist guy was also annoying as hell and seemed more like a TMNT villain than a SW character.
Grievous is still a great character. And I thoroughly enjoyed Cad Bane in his first appearance at the end of season one.