Clone Wars Cartoon - Episode 11 and Beyond

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Clone Wars Cartoon - Episode 11 and Beyond

Post by jjreason »

Well, I finally saw 11-20 thnks to the DVD. Excellent battle between Ani and Assajj Ventress, that was the highlight of the whole thing to me. Any idea how many episodes are yet to come? Are they approximately half way through season 2 yet? Will there be only 10 more episodes or will it continue to 40 so that we get another full DVD? Without spoilers, have the new ones been any good?
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

There are new episodes that just aired last week and kick major ass! True, there are only five, but this time they're twelve minutes long, so it's roughly the same running length. They're available (I think) for everyone to see on starwars.com.

This is the end of the line for now. Genndy Tartakovsky is burned out on Star Wars (apparently Lucas was a bitch to work with, wanting everything yesterday and providing no real guidance), and he's not doing any more work for Cartoon Network in the foreseeable future.

Isn't animated Barriss cute? If I was an animated Jedi, I would totally bang her all over the Temple and when Yoda yelled at us I'd say, "Fuck off, douchebag! You're just jealous that I'm giving her some real Force action!!"
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I loved animated Barriss and Luminara. That whole sequence was top-notch, from the hypnotic lightsaber build, to them striking their defensive poses right out of EpII to Barriss looking at Luminara in panic and finding here kneeling serenely. Awesome.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Okay, so I've now seen the last 5 longer Chapters. I really, really liked them - but feel I have to comment on what look like significant inconsistencies between the cartoons and the book "Labyrinth of Evil".

Anakin and Obi Wan are shown on Coruscant, doing the long siege on the 2nd planet (bug eating planet) then going to the planet of the "blue cat people". As soon as they're finished there, they get beamed by Mace to get back as Coruscant is under attack. Fine, let's say they went on the chase for the Mechno Chair, Xi Char engraver and Twilek female after the blue cat planet - and the final part of the cartoon is them getting beamed to come back. I can buy that.

Worse, and harder to explain, is Mace's wherabouts during the safeguarding and kidnapping of Palpatine. He's flying a fighter with Saesee Tiin one minute, then on Coruscant the next. Never do we seen him battle Grievous on the train (though I guess he could have, after he landed????), and wasn't Shaak Ti supposed to have another well known Jedi with her during the protection of the Supreme Chancellor? I'll need to go back and look.

I guess the end result is the same, and the stage is set. I just wish they'd made it a little more seamless between these 2 EU prologues.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I actually got to see these at the premiere in LA, followed by a Q&A by Tartakovsky. Apparently, LFL was very hands-off during the production, only saying that Anakin was a Knight during ROTS and that GT and Co could show his knighting. Oh, and that Palpatine had just been captured by Grievous, and there'd better be an explanation as to how Ki-Adi and friends weren't as dead as they appeared in Episode 20.

Consider that Labyrinth of Evil had to have been in production even before these episodes, and it's no wonder they don't jive at all. Someone from Lucas' camp should've been more on the ball keeping them straight, but apparently Lucas just signs off on EU and then goes and does his own thing, like make movies that contradict novels he previously OK'd or commission folks to make cartoons.

Don't try to make 'em jive. Your head will explode. Just enjoy each for what it is. They're both great, even if there's no possible way to mesh the two, at least not without messing around with the timing of events (such as if Anakin went to Nelvaan months prior to the Battle of Coruscant).
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

NO 'NO PRIZE' FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

You'd think that they'd start the whole process by going over one universal timeline for key characters that things couldn't deviate from, but that in itself would be a lot of work (they never called me though, I'll go on record as saying I wouldn't have minded consulting for that job).

Okay, letting go of the need for all things to make sense....... ahhhhhhh. I think that's the 80's Marvel Comic Kid coming out in me - I'm way too used to people focussing more on making things jive than making things good.

I'm watching the cartoons again tonight, really REALLY liking the sequence in the cave where Ani has the vision. Very cool animation. I'm very happy Lucas allowed that to happen, and am even considering buying up a few of the Animated style figures now even though I swore those would be where I drew the line between Completism and tomfoolery.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Anyone heard anything about the "new" animated Clone Wars continuation series that was announced at SDCC this past summer? I haven't been keeping track of the thread about the TV shows <font color="red">elsewhere</font id="red">. What's the scoop?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Who knows? Last I heard, Lucas was getting off his ass so he could think about possibly planning to one day come up with a concept for such a show. [se]
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

After poking around, I found an excellent post by Rocketbitch over at the other place. Rick McChicken went on about how the show in already in production, and set for release in early 2007. I guess that's not the worst possible news. Apparently GLu is still working on getting 12 scripts in the can though, so they're likely only in the design stages.
captain funtime
sloth

Post by captain funtime »

Lucas is a fat pig. Gimme the damn Qui-Gon scene from ROTS fat pig.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Anyone get the Vol 2 DVD yet? Anything good in terms of extras on there?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Haven't picked it up yet, but I understand there's something called "Revenge of the Brick" that's supposed to be funny.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Revenge of the brck is ok. Not that great but ok. They showed it before one of the episodes on CN.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I picked it up today. The extras are nothing too special.
"Revenge of the Brick" is mildly humorous. I think the SW Lego game did a better job in the between level scenes.
I did like the "Connecting the Dots" feature and the way they compared things from the toon to the movies.
The game trailers are useless and there wasn't much point to putting the Ep III trailer on there.
The galleries are more "meh" material.
Doctor Douche
bacon
Location: FUCKING EDWARD DRINKER COPE OVER AT EVERY TURN!!! BWA-HA-HA!!

Post by Doctor Douche »

<b><font color="yellow"><font size="6">YOU ARE ALL JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE I HAVE BOTH SETS OF REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS!!!!

<i>SO SPEAKS DOUCHE!!!!!</i></font id="size6"></font id="yellow"></b>