Football

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Football

Post by Tom Foolery »

The Browns, Chargers, Niners, and Giants are hoarding all the losses 1/4th thru the season. I'll add Chicago and Miami to that list. Their wins were flukes. If they all keep it up, it'll make the end of the season more exciting with everyone fighting for those wildcard slots.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I don't know what to make of the Bills being 3-1. I was ready for them to win 4 or 5 games and be in position to draft a top QB next year.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Which Bengals team will show up this week? The one from last week, or the awful one from the beginning of the season. I think the Bills will still take 'em.

I'm hoping Camgate is enough of a distraction that the Lions will run all over the Panthers. Newton is gonna be too busy on the phone with his business manager trying to figure out his finances after Dannon and Gatorade dropped his ass. He's not focusing on the game, hopefully.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Goddamnit. Six sacks? Fuckin' O-line. We now have the same record as the fucking Jets. Hopefully Dallas can beat the Pack this afternoon.

The Browns cannot catch a break. Cursed they is.

Lol at the Giants being 0-5.

Ran

Post by Ran »

One of the pre-game shows said Cleveland's record over the past 10 years is something like 38-110 and they have had four 0-4 starts.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Annnnnd the 'boys blow it, so now GB is back on top of the North. Double goddamnit.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Fucking Rodgers. Never say die. :(
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

I had Davante Adams in all 4 of my fantasy leagues and left him on the bench. I didn't think he was going to even play after that hit he took last week.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Here's a fun 49ers bit of trivia.

Since week[whatever] of the '15 season, they are 3-1 against the Rams and 0-21 against every other team they've played. Hahaha.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Vikings LB Anthony Barr just handed the rest of the NFC North the bestest gift ever, by breaking Aaron Rodgers' collarbone.

Too bad the Lions are getting shellacked by the Saints right now. But for the rest of the season it's wide open to win the division.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Hilarious to see 2 DTs score on successive possessions - I'd love to know if that's ever happened before. Too bad it didn't amount to anything good for the Loins.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Assuming the Falcons can get revenge tonight against the Pats(which is entirely doable with NE's awful defense this season), the Bills will be in the division lead halfway thru the season. Not bad, not bad at all.

Not sure what's worse, the Cardinals and Colts getting BLANKED by the Ram and the Jags, or the Browns going 0-7 for the season. All three are pretty embarrassing.

Edit. Add the Broncos to the goose egg category and the Niners to the winless category. Has there ever been a Sunday where three teams all went scoreless?

I remember a year or two ago when all the kickers shanked their field goals on the same day, but a team walking off the field with no points is rare, let alone three and almost four if Atlanta hadn't scored in garbage time.
Last edited by Tom Foolery on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ran

Post by Ran »

After last week, I have zero faith in the Falcons. They let the Dolphins come back on them.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Miami was a trap game. They were thinking ahead to the following week and focusing on the giant chip on their salty shoulders. And really, who can take a team that gives $10M to Cutler seriously? Trap.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Poll: is it funnier to say the Browns are 0-8 or 4-36?

Okay, regardless of how the Lions do tonight against the Steelers, I'm looking at the rest of their schedule and DAMN that is a schedule I'd want to have.
FPI has Steelers 51-49% advantage, which is basically a toss up. So maybe they win, but maybe not. But after that...

Packers. GB without Aaron Rodgers. Hundley is not Rogers.
Browns. NFL Power Ranking is 32. They suck.
Bears. Rookie QB Trubisky has had like 12 completions over the past 3 games.
Vikings. Vikings are the only real challenge left and Detroit already beat them in Minneapolis. So even a loss here would be a split on the series.
Ravens. Ranked 28th. They stuck.
Bucs. Ranked 29th. They suck.
Bears. Still with the Trubisky.
Bengals. Ranked 24th. They suck the least of the non-divisional games left, but they still suck.
Packers. Still with the Hundley.

So yeah, Detroit has some problems. Their O-line, No running game, etc. But their opponents are not going to be the problem. If they don't make the playoffs, it'll be because they beat themselves.