Football

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Football

Post by Tom Foolery »

Hahahaha. After all that contract extension bullshit, the Rams fired Jeff Fisher anyway.
I'm kinda bummed. All he had to do was lose one more game to be the shittiest coach of all time in the NFL.
Unless the Bills hire him next year, nyuk nyuk.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

He will need a TV broadcasting job for at least 2 years to let the stink fall off.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote:Hahahaha. After all that contract extension bullshit, the Rams fired Jeff Fisher anyway.
I'm kinda bummed. All he had to do was lose one more game to be the shittiest coach of all time in the NFL.
Unless the Bills hire him next year, nyuk nyuk.
You laugh, but I am actually worried they would hire him. May as well bring in Matt Millen to be the GM, too.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

An actual decent scenario would if the Bengals are stupid and let Marvin Lewis go and Buffalo jumps on that.
A less decent scenario would be if they hire Jim Schwartz. That guy did Detroit no favors.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

Schwartz was actually a good coordinator in Buffalo before Rex Ryan took over. Not sure I'd want him as head coach. It is funny how some coaches are great coordinators and fall flat on their faces when given the head coach job.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Their autism/singular focus can translate into genius on the clipboard, but disastrous results when trying to teach or encourage.

*Assuming anyone who succeeds to that degree in life at something so specific has a singular focus issue of some variety.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Someone wrote an article saying it is a long shot, but turns out that the Bills aren't eliminated from the playoffs quite yet. There is a large combination of things that have to happen, including the Bills winning the rest of their games and the Browns beating the Steelers. In other words, they aren't making the playoffs, again.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Yeah, the Texans, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens, Broncos, and Steelers all have to lose their next two games, and Buffalo would have to win their last two.

How about them Lions. The difference between them winning the Division and being shut out of the playoffs yet again is gonna come down to the final game against Green Bay. Because I don't see them beating Dallas. And even if the Vikings can beat GB, a Packer win in that last game gives them the Division because they will have swept the Lions this year. And depending on how the Bucs do, even that wildcard slot will dissipate. I'm sure Detroit will find some way to sabotage themselves yet again. Usually they suck at the beginning of the year and we know well in advance we won't be going to the playoffs. Waiting until the final game to let us know is just more cruel.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Hasta la vista, Rex Ryan and good riddance. I feel bad for whatever team is stupid enough to snatch him up next. I'm looking at you, Rams.

For the Lions to make the playoffs, they have to either beat the Pack, or Washington has to lose to the Giants. I feel the second scenario is more likely.

Ran

Post by Ran »

The sad thing is that Rex Ryan was only part of the problem in Buffalo. There is already a gofundme page for another billboard asking the Bills to fire their GM and team president. It isn't the first time Bills fans have used a billboard asking for change.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

In case you were wondering, the Falcons are also playing in the SuperBowl this Sunday. With all the news coverage, you'd think the Patriots were playing themselves. Or maybe Tom Brady was going to play the rest of the Patriots...

Ran

Post by Ran »

I've been ignoring the whole thing and have no intention of watching the game.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

When did Harry Belafonte become a James Bond Villain?

Is it me, or does Matt Ryan look like a white Tiger Woods. Does anyone have a side by side shot of them?

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

That was a terrible football game, and I honestly didn't/don't care who won. Sure it was exciting for NE fans - but there's no way the Patriots' "greatness" should overcome any NFL team leading by 25 points with just over a quarter to play. It's a horrendous meltdown that some Falcons personnel should lose jobs over. The worst team has to be able to hold that lead - let alone a conference champion.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The Falcons weren't really beating the Pats for the first three quarters. They kept dropping passes and other assorted fuckery, so they were beating themselves. They got their shit back together for the fourth quarter. Edelman's circus catch was pretty epic.

For the record, I enjoyed the game. Much funner to watch than last year's game.