Football

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Football

Post by Tom Foolery »

My first football recollections are a mashup of either the Steelers or the Cowboys or both being in the Super Bowl.
Then of course Joe Montana and his Niners.
But the real clarity of an entire season for me was the Shufflin’ Crew shufflin’ to SB XX. The Sweetness. The Fridge.
Trivia time. That was the last time both teams were making their Super Bowl Debuts. The only way that could happen again at this point is if the Lions went up against the Browns or the Texans. Which is why I root for all three of those teams during the season.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I would say that was my first year of actual football fandom, prior to that football (& basketball) took a big time back seat to hockey & baseball at my place growing up. Everyone seemed to get behind the Bears that year, the personalities were even bigger than the games. My favorites were Mike Singletary & Richard Dent - McMahon seemed too arrogant and even fat little Jimmy thought the Fridge was a side-show. Just do your job, fatty. I do fully recall watching them lose - to Miami on a Monday night - for the only time that season - to go along with my memories of them winning the Superbowl.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Sacksonville vs Brady just became a little bit more interesting with Thumbgate. Still no reason to believe NE won’t get the job done. But it’s not looking as inevitable as it was.

Vikings and Eagles is going to come down so who chokes under pressure and who doesn’t. Everybody has been giving Foles and Keenum crap for not being “great” QBs. But fuck them salty bitches. Let them prove they can work in this spotlight. Honestly, I couldn’t predict with any comfortable confidence who’s going to win that game. I guess I’d give the edge to Keenum because he’s been playing at that level almost all season and Foles only has a handful of games late in the year. But Philly has home field advantage. Tough call tough call.

I do think it’s hilarious that two Jeff Fisher QBs are in the championship game. That guy is gonna be the yardstick for suck for the rest of the history of the NFL.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

I saw some stat showing Foles and Kenum's stats under Fisher versus any other coach they played for. Didn't look good for Fisher.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I very badly want to throw $100 on the Jags - not to win but to beat the spread. I'm not a very smart person.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Drew Brees be sittin’ At home right now going “THESE are the Bozos that beat us last week?! Are you fuckin’ kidding me??”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Minnesota came with nothing. Fans must be dejected. My university roommate is in Philly & he (as well as the other hooligans living there) is JACKED. Cannot say I want the Eagles to win..... I'll be conflicted in 2 weeks.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

If you asked me yesterday which game I thought was gonna be lopsided and which one was gonna be a fairly close nailtbiter...

I’m rooting for the Pats. The Eagles get a “good job/it’s an honor just to be here” from me.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

“All Hail Megatron!”
“Didn’t you play for Detroit?”
“The sight of you sickens me.”

Not gonna lie, that made me chuckle.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

43-16 Pats, you heard it from me 3hrs before kickoff. This is going to be a yawner.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

As Stephen A Smith has been repeating for the last two weeks, Belichick has had TWO WEEKS to prepare for Nick Foles.

I’m rooting for the Lions future head coach, Matt Patricia, against their former head coach, Jim Schwartz. Battle of the Defensive Coordinators!

Ran

Post by Ran »

I probably won't even bother watching.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

First half was entertaining.

EDIT. The second half was also entertaining. A very satisfactory performance all around. Not even mad, a couple questionable TD decisions aside, about the outcome. Plenty of gunslinging on both sides. Good for Nick Foles. Hope he gets a good team next year.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Taking away my dislike for both teams, it was an awesome display of offence from both sides. SOOOO glad there wasn't a flag on the last play.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I get that Kirk Cousins is a not awful QB, but is he seriously worth like 1/4th of the entire NFL getting into a bidding war for his talents?