Football

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Football

Post by Tom Foolery »

Bleacher Report had an article about Patricia maybe being one-and-done as a coach.
Can’t say I’d be sad about that. Team hasn’t gelled with him there. Caldwell was boring, but at least he had winning seasons.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I mean, I’ll take the win, but that was more about Ron Rivera gambling and losing than any great game play by Detroit.
That win helps if that last wildcard somehow comes down to Detroit and Carolina. I’m assuming Chicago and Minnesota get the division and other wildcard.

Trubisky keeps playing RB like this, it’s gonna come back and bite him in the ass.
See RG3, DeShaun Watson, Wentz, etc.
There’s a reason RBs have a high turnover rate in the NFL...
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Rams Chiefs sounds like it was a full on EA Sports Madden affair with over 80 pts scored. I wish I had enough interest to actually watch even parts of the games as they were happening, but I can't seem to maintain any interest with it on the TV. I just change the channel or walk away to do something else or check my phone.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote:Rams Chiefs sounds like it was a full on EA Sports Madden affair with over 80 pts scored. I wish I had enough interest to actually watch even parts of the games as they were happening, but I can't seem to maintain any interest with it on the TV. I just change the channel or walk away to do something else or check my phone.
I missed it. It was over 100 total points. Some people were suggesting it might be the greatest regular season game ever played.
Hyperbole aside, I wouldn’t be surprised if we just saw the dress rehearsal for the SuperBowl. If it ain’t the Pats and the Saints. It’ll be two of those four.

Ran

Post by Ran »

It was 105 points. 3rd most ever in a single game and most ever on MNF.

The throwback uniforms the Lions are wearing today look like some sort of generic unlicensed football uniform from a commercial.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

They looked like the normal blue. I thought they used a darker blue for the throwbacks most years. At least they weren't the penis enhancing greys again.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Another year of getting my hopes up needlessly, only to have them completely obliterated by Ohio State. If I could take a shit on one sports entity, it would be that fucking nut-headed mascot. Or maybe right down the tuba just as it's about to dot the "i" at half time.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Thats what you get for liking a bitch school. lol
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Green Bay finally fired McCarthy. Discuss.

Ran

Post by Ran »

McCarthy is a good coach, but he needed to be fired. He will probably have a new head coaching job in January.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Just needs a change of scenery. All time great coach - no drama. Not easy to do in the NFL.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Surprisingly, Detroit is technically not out of the playoff picture at 5-8. We’d have to win the next three games; Bills(maybe) Vikings(unlikely, but hey it’s a home game) and GB(doable) to finish 8-8.

Then, all the stars in the universe would have to align.
Seattle plays Minnesota tonight. Assuming a Seattle victory gets them an 8th win with games against the 49ers, Chiefs, Cardinals. They win at least 2 of those, so they’re probably the 5th seed.

Vikings need to lose at least 2 more after Seattle. One being Detroit. So either a Miami loss or Chicago loss would leave them at 7-8-1.

Panthers need to lose 2 of the next 3; Saints, Falcons, Saints. That gets them to 8-8 and Detroit gets the tiebreaker.

Eagles need to lose 2 more; Rams, Texans, Washington. Root for Rams and Houston y’all! That leaves them 7-9.

Redskins need to lose 2 more; Jags, Titans and Eagles. Not sure the Jags are up for it, so rooting for Tennessee and Philly. Leaves them 7-9.

Green Bay losing to Detroit again, regardless of their Jets and Bears games gets them to 7-8-1

Tampa just needs to lose 1 more; Ravens, Cowboys, Falcons.

Giants just need to lose 1 more; Titans, Colts, Cowboys.

So lookeee there. Hope springs eternal in the Motor City!

Ran

Post by Ran »

The Bills were "eliminated" from the playoffs yesterday. It was really just a formality because its not like they really had a shot. The

Not sure if they will do it now or wait until the season is over, but the Bills' Special Teams coordinator is probably going to be fired.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Congrats Bills, on your victory against one of the shittiest teams in the NFL.

Congrats Lions, on losing to one of the shittiest teams in the NFL.

Ran

Post by Ran »

Over the past couple weeks, I talked to Bears and Viking fans I know. They are really happy that the Lions have Stafford because they think he sucks.

Hopefully Josh Allen will be better next year and the Bills get can actually get a WR that can catch and an offensive line that can block. The Bills were actually down to one RB at the end of the Lions game.