Football

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Football

Post by Ran »

The Bills signed Derek Anderson last week (Apparently he is still able to play football)...probably because the Bills have seen footage of Nathan Peterman playing football and throwing lots of interceptions. At a press conference today, the Bills coach said that Josh Allen is week to week with an arm injury. He said all options are on the table for QB this week.

If you didn't see highlights of yesterday's game, Peterman went in for Allen, threw a TD pass to take the lead, then threw a pick-6 to lose the lead, and finally another interception to seal the loss. If Peterman starts again for the Bills, there may be riots in Buffalo. Most people question why Peterman is still on the roster.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Awwww yeah! Back in the thick of it!

Bears fall to 3-3.
Too much to hope the Jets could’ve sealed the deal agains the Vikes, but the Saints next week are looking to rectify that “Minnesota Miracle” bullshit from last year that cost them the Super Bowl.
And Green Bay is going against the undefeated Rams...

If we can beat the Seahawks next week, which is entirely doable, things are looking good.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Coach Hue Jackson and OC Todd Haley finally both got the boot from the Cleveland Browns today. In 2 1/2 seasons, Jackson only had 3 wins, 36 losses, and 1 tie.
Somewhere Jeff Fisher is smiling. Or jealous. One of those.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

Jeff Fisher was a mediocre coach, but everyone loved him for some reason.

Most comments I've seen about Hue Jackson basically ask why they didn't fire him after last season.

The NFL once again have set up the Bills to be embarrassed on national tv tonight. I don't think I can bring myself to watch it while the announcers kiss Brady's b-hole.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

There is no answer to the question "What, exactly, are the Bills doing?"
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

jjreason wrote:There is no answer to the question "What, exactly, are the Bills doing?"
Actually, the coach will say he has to look at the tape. Then they will bring in another player that was in Carolina.

I watched part of the 2nd & 3rd quarters. The game went better than I expected. The sad part is that it sounds likeDerek Anderson can't play next week, so they have to put Peterman in again.

Oh, and this is pissing off people from Buffalo.
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1 ... ce=twitter

ESPN sampled Applebee's chicken nuggets (they call them boneless wings) while broadcasting from Buffalo. That would be like going to New England and eating at Long John Silver's.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

The LOLions continue to give up by sending Golden Tate to Philly for like some chewing gum or something.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Diabolical wrote:The LOLions continue to give up by sending Golden Tate to Philly for like some chewing gum or something.
Initially I was like “whaaaat?? Nooo! Why are they giving up their best receiver??”
But then I realized he’d be gone in 8 games anyway when his five year contract was up, so at least they got something for him rather than nothing.
They still got Marvin Jones and Golladay, but...maybe they’ll grab another a-list WR during next years FA.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Man, I gotta hand it to the Bills Mafia for showing up and rooting for this clown car, despite the demoralizing play by their team. Back to back turnovers? Ouch.
You guys do know Kaepernick is a QB looking for work, right?

EDIT. Back to back...to back?

How many seats is that stadium 60k? 70k? I bet there’s someone in the stands who could QB for you guys and not turn the ball over. Start canvassing.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Bears win. I don't know if I feel joy, relief, or shame for Buffalo. :(
Ran

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote:Man, I gotta hand it to the Bills Mafia for showing up and rooting for this clown car, despite the demoralizing play by their team. Back to back turnovers? Ouch.
You guys do know Kaepernick is a QB looking for work, right?

EDIT. Back to back...to back?

How many seats is that stadium 60k? 70k? I bet there’s someone in the stands who could QB for you guys and not turn the ball over. Start canvassing.
71,870. The Bills signed Matt Barkley this week. Josh Allen is close to coming back. Arizona just cut Sam Bradford this week, and then there is always Kaeprnick. Not that any of them would make much of a difference. They still need a new offensive line and WRs.

The Bills still probably can't out-suck the Raiders or Giants.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

You could sign Bradford, but you’d only get a game and half out of him before he got injured.

I vaguely remember Barkley as a former Bear, but can’t recall anything remarkable about him.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I could mention the Bears beating the Lions, but instead I'll talk about the professional game I attended "in real life". The Winnipeg Blue Bombers beat our beloved Saskatchewan Roughriders in the CFL western semi-final this afternoon. I frozen my fucking balls off watching it.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

This is the point in the season where we start talking about how “if we win out” then technically we still have a chance of making the playoffs with like a 9-7 record.
But I think we all know it’s over this year.

I’d rather focus on the positive. Like the Bills having a great game against a division rival. Nice.

Ran

Post by Ran »

The Bills cut Peterman. He seemed like a good guy, and you can't blame him for throwing all those INTs. He was drafted last year in the middle rounds.
The team should have had a more veteran guy on the roster as a back-up.