THE GAYEST SHOW I EVER SEE!!

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Kirk Lazarus
bacon

Re: THE GAYEST SHOW I EVER SEE!!

Post by Kirk Lazarus »

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:Am I a retard for just now noticing how some of the Rollos have the "S" flipped on their costumes?
What do you mean some of the Rollos??
I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Rollo Tornassi wrote:No kidding. I thought this was about that midget train conductor who helps the Dalai Lama solve insurance fraud mysteries with the help of a gay plumber and a supermodel turned Indy 500 driver.

It's the number one show on Wednesday evenings.
can one of the rollos pitch that one in this reality? seriously.
Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:Am I a retard for just now noticing how some of the Rollos have the "S" flipped on their costumes?
yes.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Seriously, what is it with ONE of the Rollos?

Do we I say one of the vynsanes? or one of the SenorJabbas?
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

If it helps... My parents came down for the weekend. I just showed them the first episode, and they have a new favorite show. Well, my mom does, anyway. I told them to let everyone know to watch it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Absolutely. We got ass kicked by O'Bama. You would think people would be tired of the whole political thing by now, but I guess not. Everyone around here is getting more and more pessimistic.

I'm trying to stay positive and not think about the heavy woman warming up her pipes over there... :(
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky

Post by anarky »

I know you're not exactly the head of marketing over there, but have you guys considered some really hardcore viral marketing? Everyone that I know who's actually watched the show loves it. Unfortunately, that's a very small number. Most people I know that I tell about it still haven't heard of it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

tivo should start selling lists of scheduled recording requests to networks. they're a new-world version of nielsen, basically. an independent service with boxes everywhere.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I think they already do that. We get DVR numbers about two weeks after the initial Nielsen numbers come in. And everybody I talk to says they LOVE the show.

On a bright note, I just read the last scene of the 13th episode (they only ordered 13 so far) and it there is no way they can NOT find out what happens next. Here's hoping ABC decides we would work better on a different night.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Do the rumors of Brian Fuller possibly returning to Heroes mean anything about the future of Pushing Daisies?
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I did not understand last night's episode. I tuned in a few minutes late, and it was a bunch of rednecks singing about how their dog got runned over by Dale's pickup truck. Then that American Idol chick came out and was singing about shaving her legs and running out of shaving cream and having to use the foam from her cheating husband's beer. I only watched for about five minutes. I didn't even see Emerson Cod at all. Is this what the future of this show holds?
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

anarky

Post by anarky »

Last night's show was fucking awesome. I sorta saw the end coming from comments earlier in the episode, but that was major shit hitting the fan right there.

And I sat there for what felt like a full ten minutes, saying, "Who is that woman? She's really familiar. The way she talks, it's really distinctive. Honey, who is it? This is gonna bug me all night" Then--BAM! It hit me when she made some goofy expression. "Oh my God, that's fucking Weigel from Reno 911!"
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Production wrapped on Thursday last week. All the writers are moved out. I think the production office has a week or two left. Four of our Post production staff have been "put on hiatus" (which is euphemism for downsized, which itself is a euphemism for fired).

Originally we were set to work until the middle of December, take two weeks off and come back Jan 5th. Now I don't know if they will rearrange our schedule to try and finish everything up so as not to have to bring us back for a couple weeks next year.

ABC has been giving us ZERO promotion. There's no official announcement of cancellation, but I know people who have access to ABC scheduling for the after holidays. You'll get to watch back to back episodes of Scrubs on Wednesdays. yay...
:cry:
anarky

Post by anarky »

And yet they hype Private Practice, which I'd call sloth shit, but that would be insulting to sloths.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Kerplunk

:cry:

My last day is the 12th of December.

:( :(