THE GAYEST SHOW I EVER SEE!!

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: THE GAYEST SHOW I EVER SEE!!

Post by anarky »

Damn. So, aside from the sad fact there is nothing good on TV, what does this mean for you? Will "I worked in post-production on an Emmy-winning but not highly-rated show" help your resume, or do you just get to go to another position within WB?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I'll shoot my updated resume over to the good folks at WB Post Production. Holly Esposito is a good friend and hooks me up with work. Pilot season is coming up, so there will be something.

But I really liked this one, dammit. I've lost faith in the taste of everyone everywhere.

KNIGHT RIDER IS STILL ON THE AIR YOU FUCKERS. :frus:
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I've not been shitting you when I say it's the only network primetime show I actually watch. I occasionally catch Kitchen Nightmares/Hell's Kitchen, but don't usually plan to watch it. I've even been skipping Animation Domination a lot recently.

Deadwood, Arrested Development, and now Pushing Daisies. Shows I love are screwed.

Fuller mentioned a possible comic book and movie. It would work as a comic, but would lose a lot of what makes it special in translation. Have they thought about possibly going the straight-to-DVD mini-movies route like Futurama, which seems to be doing quite well? I dunno how much clout you have, but, if you think you can influence them, definitely point that out.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I'm flattered you think I rate. :)

Who's the decision maker? Well here's a quick lesson in television. The creator (Bryan Fuller) comes up with an idea and pitches it to producers (Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen). They like the idea enough to sell it to a studio (Warner Bros) and then they pay everybody to make a pilot. At this point a pilot production crew is put together, including hiring a director. In this particular case, Barry Sonnenfeld. Fun fact, the pilot's director gets residuals for THE REST OF THE SERIES because he decided the "look" and "feel" of the show. (So David Nutter, who directed Smallville's pilot for instance is still making money off of Smallville, even though he only directed the first episode). Barry gets his name attached as an Exec Producer because it looks good when Warner Bros starts shopping the pilot around to different networks ( in this case ABC). ABC says "It looks great!" and orders a dozen episodes. Added with the pilot this makes the standard order of any show 13 episodes.

So then each episode becomes a collaboration. They write a script, then send it off to the Studio (WB) and Network (ABC) for notes, changes, legal S&P stuff (can't say that, can't show that, etc) until the script gets approved. Then they shoot it. Then the director turns in his cut to the producers. The producers make changes as they see fit and send it to the studio. The studio gives notes as it is their product they are selling to the network, one episode at a time. The changes are made and then it is sent to the Network for their notes and ideas. There is back and forth, if the producers feel that something should stay in an episode they will fight for it. other times the Network has its say. Working on OTH there were several times the CW wanted something changed, and Schwahn said "You bet!" and then never changed it. So it happens that way also.

Finally the Network approves the final show. They "lock" the picture, which means every edit down to the frame is approved and made note of when they cut the air master dubs and cannot be changed. Then they work on the sound on a mix stage for two days, drop the FX shots in and make air masters which are taken to ABC.

Then it airs and nobody watches and advertisers don't buy airtime and it gets canceled. The decision maker is some dude at ABC who makes $$$ a year that I never see or meet. The highest up I get is chatting with Bryan after I get him a coffee or saying hey to Jinks/Cohen when I drop off dailies or credits need to be signed.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

vynsane wrote:i still like "how i met your mother."
The final season is about to begin (diabolical will be crushed) and they finally revealed the mother after nine seasons. I looked up the actress playing the mother. She was born in Aug 1985. Meanwhile, the actress who played the teenage daughter in the flashbacks, who was an actual teenager at the time her scenes were filmed during season 1, was born a mere year and a half after her TV mother in Jan 1987. It would have been hilarious if they had cast her instead and she played her own mother.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

GOD DAM, I ACTUALY SAW A SHOE EVEN GAYER THEN PUSHING MISS DAISEY!! IT IS CALED BRAKIN BAD OR SUMTHING GAY LIEK THAT. THIS TECHER GETS HUNGRY AND CANT AFORD CANDEY SO HE GETS HIS GAY STUDANT 2 HELP HIM MAEK ROCK CANDY. AND THAN THEY SALE IT FOR LOTS OF MUNEY. STUPED FUCKS, THEY SELL THAT SHIT AT THE MAL!! IT IS NOT HARD 2 FINED!! THRE OF THE MANE PEOPLE R BALLED, WHICH IS A METAFOR FOR BEING GAY DICK HEDS!! AND THE STUDANT IS THE ONLEY GUY WHO IS NOT BALLED, HE HAS HARE BUT HIS NAME IS JESSIE WITCH IS A GERL'S NAEM!! THE TECHER MUST FUCK THE KID A LOT BECAUSE HE TAKES OFF HIS PANTS + HAS A GUN AND EVERY 1 NOSE THIS IS OBVIOSLY CYMBALLIC OF WHATEVER BODY PART PEPLE CALL GUNS, I GESS THE TOES OR SUM THING, NO WATE IT IS HIS FUCKING GAY VAGINIA!!!. AND THEY HAEV TO CALL THIS SALL GUY, HE MUST BE ANOTHER BOY FRIEND. ALL THESE BALLED GUYS WALK AROUND + SHOOT PEOPLE + THEN THEIR IS A BLACK DUDE I GES HE IS NOT BALLED BUT HE IS BLACK SO UNCALE RODGER WOOD SAY HE DUSN'T COUNT, SO I GESS HE HIERED TO BALLED GUYS TO COUNT 4 HIM. HE SELS CHIKEN, UNCALE RODGER SED BLACK PEPLE LUV CHICKEN, I DONT NO I JUST LIEK NUGGETS. ONE BALLED DUDE, THE BROTHA OF THE OTHER BALLED DUDE IS MARYED 2 A SUPER HOT CHICK, I WOOD TOTALEY SUCK HER GIRL DICK. I STOPED WACHING WHEN THE OLD MAN PEED ON THE FLORE, THAT HIT 2 CLOSE 2 HOME BE CUZ HE GOT IN TRUBLE + I GOT IN TRUBLE 2 WHEN I PEED ON THE FLOOR AT THE POLICE STACION. FUCKING POLICES, THEY HOLD U IN THEIR WHEN U FUCK A CAT, THEY R GAYWODS AND THANK IT IS NOT FUNNY BUT IT IS + DONT LET U GO 2 THE BATHROOM EVAN THO U ASK SO WHAT R U SAPOSED 2 DO BUT PEE ON THE FLOOR? STUPID GAY COPS. GO FUCK GAY BALLED MEN + EAT THERE CANDEY!!!
NOW THAT IS A GOD DAM GAYE ROBAT!!! LOOK A THAT FUCKIN DICK ON HIS HAND, HE PROBLY SUX IT EVER NITE CUZ HE IS A GAY FAG LIEK U FAGGETS!! MAN, U FAGS LIEK ROBAT DONG HANDS UP UR GAY ASSES DON'T U, HA HA HA HA HA HA I NEW IT!!!