Anything good on TV this season?

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Anything good on TV this season?

Post by kidhuman »

I caught the Bionic Woman tonight. I thought it was alright, nothing extravagant and not to shitty. Anarky, they explained the whole how she learned to fight thing. They implanted chips in her brain that needed to be "unlocked". When she was fighting Sarah, she unlocked them. I will give it another shot and keep up with it for now.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Yeah, but Sarah should have the same chips, plus experience and a killer instinct.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Sarah knows how to use them. If she wanted her dead, she could have killed her in the bar. She is playing the cat and mouse game with her, but the mouse will be played by Itchy and the cat by Scratchy if ya get my meaning.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Eh, let's waste time talking about better shows. Like Caveman.

I realized the TV is on a lot, since my wife watches a lot of crap. But I really don't watch much of anything. I try to follow the Sunday night cartoons (though they vary widely in quality), and everything else is stuff on cable that doesn't follow any sort of schedule. Heroes is one that I have missed a full day's worth, and since NBC doesn't seem to care about that, and I'm not going to drop $50 on it (or watch on a tiny computer screen), I'll probably continue not seeing it until it gets rerun. The Office and My Name Is Earl are both okay, but hardly "great" enough to make me schedule time around them. (A rerun of Reno 911 is usually on in the same time, and generally funnier.)

The more network TV I see, the more I understand why it's called an "idiot box." I've always kinda hated it, but it seems to get worse rather than better.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

What is this new Journeyman show? My wife was watching it the other night and I recognized the guy that played Vorenus from Rome. She said he travels back in time bla bla bla. Shouldn't this show be called Quantum Leap?
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Its kind of like Quantum Leap. The difference is he goes back and forth through out the show to different periods in the persons life to right some things. Also, there are more than one person doing it and it happens with out notice. He was getting into one cab and then all of a sudden he was in another cab 20 years before that one.

It seems like it is a good show, one episode doesnt say it all, I would watch it again and see how it pans out.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Dr Sam Beckett could kick his ass.

He could kick anyone's ass. Well, up until he went home, and everything got really fucking cheesy, and all the technology in the future looked like it was built from Legos. Then they introduced the Evil Leaper, and it got really, really bad.

First few seasons were some of the best television ever made, though.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

kidhuman wrote:The difference is he goes back and forth through out the show to different periods in the persons life to right some things. Also, there are more than one person doing it and it happens with out notice. He was getting into one cab and then all of a sudden he was in another cab 20 years before that one.
so, like "the butterfly effect"? will he keep going back and changing things and alter his "modern" version of reality a little bit more each time until it gets all fucked up and he's a paraplegic?

does he end each episode saying "whoo boy..."?
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I once thought that there should be an episode of Quantum Leap where he leaps into a door, and his mission is to slam at a certain moment.

Also, if Sam leaped into Al while Al was assisting Sam on a mission that he hadn't actually been on yet, or has no memory of (since his memory is totally swiss cheese), who would play who? Trying to resolve that question, including all possibilities of mirror images, etc, will fry your brain.

Oooooooh boy.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

It took me a second to recognize the guy from Rome since he was wearing regular clothes and not stabing someone with a sword.

I never really watched Quantum Leap, but anarky's post hurt my head.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

vynsane wrote:
kidhuman wrote:The difference is he goes back and forth through out the show to different periods in the persons life to right some things. Also, there are more than one person doing it and it happens with out notice. He was getting into one cab and then all of a sudden he was in another cab 20 years before that one.
so, like "the butterfly effect"? will he keep going back and changing things and alter his "modern" version of reality a little bit more each time until it gets all fucked up and he's a paraplegic?

does he end each episode saying "whoo boy..."?
Nothing like it. Say he goes back in time, 1987 and stops Vyn from stepping in front of a Bus and killing himself. HE goes back to 2007 then. A day later he gets transported back to 1997, and helps Vyn convince his wife to take job A instead of Job B. goes back and so on until everything is right. Nothing like the butterfly effect.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

pssshhh... that's like, all uplifting and shit. BOOOOOORRRIIIIIINNGG
Life is short. STUNT IT!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

There are other sub plots to it also that make it more interesting and shit. HE married his brothers ex girlfriend and the girl he was supposed to marry supposedly died in a plane crash but she is one of the time jumpers also. HE didnt see her for ten years thinking she was dead and then bumped into her and shit.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Cavemen premiered last night . . . did anyone watch it? I sure as fuck didn't.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Oh, fuck!

I wanted to see that!!

(I deserve an Oscar nod for the acting in the past two sentences, don't I?)