Anything good on TV this season?

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Anything good on TV this season?

Post by anarky »

Okay, fair enough, DB. I was just curious if you'd stuck around long enough for the "change" to occur. If you don't like it now, we'll just disagree (again), :P

Zero, you're not channelling the late EP by any chance, are you? I figured you'd have better things to do than talk about TV pilots and hot chicks. You know, like trying to kill Cable and stuff.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Zero
the ALL NEW moderator terror squad

Post by Zero »

Hell no. I LOVE Cable. I wish I could afford it. I usually have to go over to my friend's house to watch it. F/X usually has spome great shows on it. As does USA.

And I'm currently running a subroutine that makes me more user-friendly and approachable. It's not meant to mimic any one user on the forum, but rather an integrated algorithim using all the most frequent posters. Perhaps that is why I seem so familiar. The late Eternal Padawan, was after all a very prolific member of the website.

:|
NO HANDLEBARS HAN SHOT. FIRST! PERIOD.
NO HANDLEBARS MORE COWBELL!
NO HANDLEBARS GO FUCK YOURSELF™
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

anarky - you are now bIZZARO dIABOLICAL.
Or maybe I am bIZZAARO aNARKY.
Or both.
Or neither.

And yeah, Pushing Daisies could be pretty cool.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Zero wrote: And I'm currently running a subroutine that makes me more user-friendly and approachable. It's not meant to mimic any one user on the forum, but rather an integrated algorithim using all the most frequent posters. Perhaps that is why I seem so familiar. The late Eternal Padawan, was after all a very prolific member of the website.

:|
I kind of miss EP. Somehow, I was hoping that there was some sort of cosmic event that integrated his spirit into your programming. But that kind of stuff only happens in comic books.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Diabolical wrote:anarky - you are now bIZZARO dIABOLICAL.
mE AM BE HATING hEROES AND AM BE LOVING ALL CHARACTERS AT VYNSANE.COM. mE AM HOPING TO LICK THEIR ASS!

(Go ahead, say it. It was lame.)

Pushing Daisies looks like it's either going to be really good or really bad. It looks like one that won't have any in-between. I forgot about it earlier, but I'm hoping for the best. Either way, it looks like it might be too quirky to last beyond a few episodes.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Zero wrote:Hell And I'm currently running a subroutine that makes me more user-friendly and approachable. It's not meant to mimic any one user on the forum, but rather an integrated algorithim using all the most frequent posters. Perhaps that is why I seem so familiar. The late Eternal Padawan, was after all a very prolific member of the website.
So, theoretically, at some point you will talk about yourself kicking butt in the third person, as well as complain that everything smells gay.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

There've been ads on a shitty locally-owned chapter of WGN (only good for its reruns of Scrubs, which I can also see on about 12 other channels) for Corner Gas, and I had no idea it was Canadian. They show extremely retarded bits of stand-up from the main guy that can't even be classified as "comedy." Makes sense it would come from our neighbors to the north. :wink: :P

Anyway, this fall, I'll be watching: The Office, 30 Rock, Scrubs, My Name Is Earl, How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy, and whatever the fuck other shows I watch. Maybe I'll tune into Simpsons again since I haven't seen it since it apparently started sucking less.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Ahh, see, in my humble opinion, that show isn't very good- there's a few funny exchanges in each of the few episodes I've seen, but they NEVER involve that smug turkey-fucker- incidentaly his last name is "Butt" and I am not sure if that's suposed to be ironic or what

Wait'll Trailer Park Boys hits down there- THAT has "Canada Approved" stamped all over it :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

theirs a show about these harry guys + they buy car assurance, that will be FUNNEY!!!!
NOW THAT IS A GOD DAM GAYE ROBAT!!! LOOK A THAT FUCKIN DICK ON HIS HAND, HE PROBLY SUX IT EVER NITE CUZ HE IS A GAY FAG LIEK U FAGGETS!! MAN, U FAGS LIEK ROBAT DONG HANDS UP UR GAY ASSES DON'T U, HA HA HA HA HA HA I NEW IT!!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Having seen the pilot of Bionic Woman, don't waste your time. I don't say this in a "I'll say it sucks, but really I just didn't care for it" way. No, this show was ridiculously bad. Hopefully they'll drop copies on Iraq and end the war. Even the most hardened terrorist would beg for mercy after a few minutes of this shit.

I can get into spoilers, if anyone wants. I'll keep my mouth shut in case any of you are planning to watch this and want to be surprised.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Eternal Padawan almost worked on that show (and by 'almost worked' I mean interviewed). Y'know... before he died...
anarky

Post by anarky »

It would've been an insult to his legacy. It really is that bad.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I just read an article that mentioned some stuff about Cavemen.

Did you know these are supposed to be Cro-Magnons living in modern society and facing prejudice?

Umm, anyone give enough of a shit to call up the producers and tell the fucktards that A) Cro-Magnons are modern fucking humans, and B) the original designs are clearly Neanderthal?

Didn't think so. Let's just roll our eyes and let this shit bomb as it needs to, without nary a further mention. :roll:
Ran

Post by Ran »

You shouldn't read that kind of stuff. It will only tick you off. Just ignore it and hope it goes away.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Good god, why are we wasting bandwidth posting about Cavemen?