The Bills stayed in the playoff talks with what was probably the funniest game to watch in the last decade or so of professional football.
Sadly, the Browns best chance of not having a goose egg season was whisked away from them by Green Bay in OT.
The Lions are still sorta barely in the playoff hunt. Several things have to align in their universe to squeak in.
1. They have to win out. They have to beat the Bears, Bengals on the road, and GB(who may Rodgers back by then) and finish with a 10-6 record. Losing a game pretty much fucks them.
2. The Falcons need to lose 2 of their 3 next games. They play the Bucs, Saints, and Panthers. I don’t see them losing to Tampa, So really they have to lose those last two games to finish 9-7. If they win all 3, Lions lose the tie breaker because Atlanta beat them this year.
3. The Seahawks need to lose 2 of their next 3 games against the Rams, Cowboys, and Cardinals. Seattle is pretty banged up and Dallas is getting Ezekiel Elliot back. I don’t think the Cards have it in them, so it’s up to the Rams playing IN Seattle. If they win, ‘Hawks finish 9-7.
4. Dallas needs to lose 2 of its next three. Since they need to beat the Seahawks in this scenario, they have to lose to the Raiders and the now Wentz-less Eagles who’ve already secured a playoff spot and don’t need to sweat the final game of the season. So if the Raiders can’t get it done, the Seahawks have to beat them and then lose to Arizona. Which is unlikely.
5. Green Bay I think only has to lose 1 of their last three games, since Detroit has more division victories. So both teams with 10-6 records favors Detroit. Obviously that one loss will have to come from Detroit, who has to win out or all this is pointless. The other two games are against Panthers and Vikings, so they’ll probably lose them anyway. But the Detroit game is the only crucial one. And they’ll probably have Rodgers back by then. Will it be a fully recovered Rodgers? Who knows. But that motherfucker has a habit of pulling victories out of his ass. Fuck that guy.
Do all that and they get the wild card sixth seed behind Carolina(Or the Saints, depending on the NFC South race) which they will then promptly lose because....Lions.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug.""Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"